Leading companies provide outstanding benefits for employees, and Apache is no exception.
To attract, reward, and retain top performers, Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a total compensation program that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
The summaries below are only a brief outline of the current programs available to Canadian employees.
Apache believes in paying for performance, and this philosophy is embodied in our competitive base salaries and generous incentive plans. Growth in base pay will reflect the individual’s performance and growth in their contribution to the success of the company. In addition, variable incentives are offered to reward both individual and corporate achievement.
Because employees drive the success of the company, Apache believes they should share in that success. We are an industry-leader in extending equity awards to all regular employees. Equity is typically awarded annually, with the amount of the award determined by level in the company and performance.
Apache believes in assisting its employees in preparing for a healthy financial future. With this in mind, Apache provides employees the opportunity to participate in a group retirement and savings plan with a convenient and cost-effective way to save. Apache will contribute 6 percent of your eligible earnings and will match your contributions dollar for dollar to a maximum of 6 percent of eligible earnings to equate a total of 12 percent company provided contributions.
Medical plan –provided at no cost to the employee; 100 percent reimbursement including a pay direct drug card, paramedical services, out-of-province emergency travel assistance and much more to certain annual maximums for employees and their dependents.
Dental plan – provided at no cost to the employee; 100 percent reimbursement for basic services and 50 percent of major services to a combined maximum of $2,000 per year including 50 percent reimbursement of orthodontic to lifetime maximum of $2,000 for employees and their dependents.
Health spending account – Apache allocates a non-taxable credit to an employee’s account as a supplement to the medical and dental plan. It can cover expenses that aren’t fully covered by the medical and dental plans for the employee and their dependents.
Personal spending account – Apache provides choice and flexibility to proactively manage employee’s wellness. Apache allocates a taxable credit to an employee’s account, which can be used for fitness-related services, fitness equipment and health-related services for the employee.
Life insurance – Basic Life insurance of two and half times annual base salary is provided at no cost to the employees. Optional life is available for employees and their spouse paid by the employee
Dependent life – Life insurance provided for the employee’s spouse and each child at no cost to the employees.
Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance – Basic AD&D equal to two and half times annual base earnings is provided at no cost to the employees. Optional accidental death is available for employees and their spouse paid by the employee.
Optional critical illness – Insurance coverage for designated serious illnesses to help with additional medical cost is available for employees and their dependents paid by the employee.
Disability – The short-term disability plan provides partial or full salary continuation for duration of up to 26 weeks based on the employee’s length of service. The long-term disability plan provides salary continuation based on an earnings formulary for employees disabled beyond the short-term disability coverage period.
Wellness initiative providing an opportunity to participate in a confidential health screening and personal health risk assessment to address health concerns aimed at helping employees maintain or begin a lifelong commitment to good health. Support is provided through wellness fair, wellness challenges, videos, health improvement resources, access to a personal and confidential wellness coach, educational seminars and workplace fitness activities.
A compressed work week is available at the Calgary office and is comprised of extended work hours Monday to Thursday to receive every Friday afternoon off.
Flextime is available to accommodate childcare, educational or medical needs whenever possible. The extent of the flextime offering may vary from group to group, depending on operating needs.
All employees receive at least three weeks of annual vacation. The length of paid vacation for which employees are eligible for depends on their previous and current directly related work experience. Apache provides 11 paid holidays each year.
Note: The benefits described here apply only to eligible employees and are governed by official plan documents. The provisions of the benefit plans, policies and programs may change from time to time.